How To Get Clients To Trust Your Website
Many people believe that the best way to have a successful business is to run a well-oiled machine; that machine has the best and most efficient system as well as the smartest and most hardworking of employees.
While these things are very important, what point would all that “perfection” have if the customers or audience didn’t buy the products or the services?
Having a good business does not necessarily mean having the best of everything, or even near to the best, even though that helps, its’ about having that great relationship with your customers and prospects – so how do we do that? We do that with trust.
Asking the customers to buy your product the very second they catch your eye is not the way to go. Successful marketing is just like going on the first date. You don’t propose to your date the first time, but it takes a courtship of some sort. This courtship is similar in business where you have to take in the interests of your customer and let them be interested in you. Trust, is what you have to build.
So in order to build that trust between you and you business “date” here are some tips you should consider:
- Be an expert and show it. You and your business will be a lot more credible and trustworthy if you demonstrate the fact that you know what you’re doing. Would you trust a dentist to perform brain surgery? We don’t think so either.
- Understand your clients. Know what your customers want and need and provide this, and only this for them, that way they can really appreciate your ability and they can also see how you are focused on what they need, nothing else. Not only will you be creating long-term relationships, you’ll be surprised at how much people can relate and react to specific concerns in your talk about in your online marketing content.
- Add credible proof. Get them to trust you faster by giving proof that you are a credible trustworthy business and not just some scam. Mention awards, licenses, certification, media mentions and happy customers, with testimonials too if you can.
- Offer exclusive benefits. One way to attract customers is to give away freebies, but only exclusive freebies. People like to have things that most people can’t (it appeals to our sense of “one upmanship”). So offer free benefits once they sign in or along with they’re purchases.
- Again, don’t let them purchase right away. Let them build up the trust first and then take them to the Buy button; you may think I’m crazy but it means you can also charge more. It helps to offer some sneak peaks or snippets of the product, let them get the taste of it; appreciate the benefits to them and the differentiating factors you have over any potential competitor.
Remember that the goal is to build a long-term relationship with your clients and not just one time thing. Just like in dating, you want something for the long-term, and not just a one-night stand, which may to some seem appealing but rarely lead to anything other than short-term gratification.
We always have people ask us what do we use on this site, so here are a few of the most relevant service providers:
- To manage our audience and email communication we use: Infusionsoft
- For most of our images, we use: Shutterstock
- Our web hosting and domain registration is done by: 123-reg and Realhosts.
- To automated and centralise our social media we use: HootSuite
- To help with SEO and lead generation we use: Webfire
- Video on this website is hosted on: Wistia
If you would like to find out more about any of the providers listed above, we review them honestly, provide details of alternatives (as they may be more suitable for you) and also other services we use in our resources section.
Get Clients Trust Your Website