How to make your emails or landing pages better
How to make your emails or landing pages better, there are always people out there saying they have discovered the secret to a great converting landing page or email, but there are a couple of things to bear in mind before you apply any of these ideas (don’t I will give you my tips on this too).
First, the people arriving at your site or receiving your email must be interested in the subject because that’s just common sense and you don’t want those who are never going to add value to click anyway, but too many people forget this, or at least my mailbox suggests they do, as does some of the advertising I see online.
Secondly, make sure that you are offering to educate, entertain or provide something of value, even if the viewer has to pay for it, otherwise there is no incentive to “click”.
So here are the tips when designing the email or landing page:
- Keep it simple. Don’t assume that people will get a “clever” message. Spell out what you have, what it will do for the reader and what you want them to do next.
- Have at least 2 places in an email they can click to get the content and on a landing page make the place to click really obvious and directly in line of sight.
- Be friendly and non-threatening. People will not take action if there is any doubt in their mind, so make sure what you say and show if personable and inviting.
- Using images of people, trusted items or scenes that are positively linked to your offer, this supports point 3 above.
- Video converts and explains more, so if you can use it.
- Social proof is a great way to increase conversion.
- Make sure whatever the viewer sees will work on the device they are using – there’s no excuse for not working well on mobile devices now.
- Keep messages simple and fuss free. If you need more than about 20 words or so to grab attention and present your core message your copy must be really engaging, or you should have multi-media content to do it.
- Give people a genuine reason to take action.
- Use colour to highlight the most important spots on your email or landing page, this reader focuses attention.
Here more great articles:
We always have people ask us what do we use on this site, so here are a few of the most relevant service providers:
- To manage our audience and email communication we use: Infusionsoft
- For most of our images, we use: Shutterstock
- Our web hosting and domain registration is done by: 123-reg and Realhosts.
- To automated and centralise our social media we use: HootSuite
- To help with SEO and lead generation we use: Webfire
- Video on this website is hosted on: Wistia
If you would like to find out more about any of the providers listed above, we review them honestly, provide details of alternatives (as they may be more suitable for you) and also other services we use in our resources section.