Top 11 Mobile Marketing tips
Have a genuine reason to do it and invest time and resources accordingly to educate, inform or entertain by doing it, otherwise DON’T.
- Make it easy to use, this means it should fit on screen and the buttons and links should be easy to navigate with.
- Don’t forget the SEO things just because it’s on a mobile device.
- It needs to load quickly across mobile networks and everything needs to work across the variety of operating systems – video in particular is often seen as challenging, but it’s not.
- Make sure you have a site that works well across all operating systems and screen sizes; you may even have multiple sites that are triggered by a site redirection system to give the best possible consumer experience.
- Local information is a major driver of mobile activity, so keep this in mind when you design your mobile web pages.
- Integrate social media; it’s something people do all the time from their mobile device and having it “in-built” just increases your audience.
- Report and learn from your mobile site, just as you would your normal website.
- Think “Cross-Media” and link your physical, TV, radio, desktop web and mobile marketing material.
- Use in-built phone functions to make the information displayed more relevant and calls to action faster and easier.
- Creativity is as important as ever, a small screen doesn’t excuse poor design or copy, if anything the opposite is true.
Here are more great articles:
We always have people ask us what do we use on this site, so here are a few of the most relevant service providers:
- To manage our audience and email communication we use: Infusionsoft
- For most of our images, we use: Shutterstock
- Our web hosting and domain registration is done by: 123-reg and Realhosts.
- To automated and centralise our social media we use: HootSuite
- To help with SEO and lead generation we use: Webfire
- Video on this website is hosted on: Wistia
If you would like to find out more about any of the providers listed above, we review them honestly, provide details of alternatives (as they may be more suitable for you) and also other services we use in our resources section.