What you need to ask before hiring an SEO company
The following are simple, non-technical things to ask any business offering SEO, so that you get an understanding of their ability.
Although SEO is seen as a technical activity, the reality is that it requires a level of creativity and marketing know-how, so I have devised 6 simple questions that you can ask anybody, whether you are paying them £100 or many £1,000s for delivering organic search engine performance for you.
- What types of company have you and do you work for providing SEO, and can I speak to some of them?
- How do you manage and report on your SEO performance?
- How do you manage content creation and what do you do with content that you create, or that I create for you?
- What part do you feel social media plays now in SEO?
- What predications and guarantees do you offer?
- How long do you tend to work with a client?
There is multi-media content and this is a “biggie”. When you create things like audio and video, make sure you use as many SEO tricks as you can because multi-media is loved by search engines because of the vast amount of content contained within them, so much so that we have actually done a whole blog piece on this that you can find in our Video section.
Success online is all about planning and consistent improvement and to do this you need to understand why SEO is relevant in everything you do online
The search engines are not interested in how many links you have to your website, but they are very interested in the quality of links to and from your website. So in SEO quality will win over quantity every time.
More great articles can be found below:
We always have people ask us what do we use on this site, so here are a few of the most relevant service providers:
- To manage our audience and email communication we use: Infusionsoft
- For most of our images, we use: Shutterstock
- Our web hosting and domain registration is done by: 123-reg and Realhosts.
- To automated and centralise our social media we use: HootSuite
- To help with SEO and lead generation we use: Webfire
- Video on this website is hosted on: Wistia
If you would like to find out more about any of the providers listed above, we review them honestly, provide details of alternatives (as they may be more suitable for you) and also other services we use in our resources section.